My first actual recipe post! You will have to forgive the pictures… it’s still some trial and error for now!
This is a recipe I have never made before but I am pretty happy with how it turned out! I will definitely be making this one again. This was inspired by this recipe over at one of my favorite blogs, although really the only thing that I kept the same was the cauliflower…
Well without further ado (is that how you spell that?) here it is!
Coconut Fried Cauliflower Rice (Paleo, GAPS, SCD)
1/2 cup organic peach juice (pear or mango should also work)
1/2 tsp sea salt (could use more or less depending on your preference)
1/2 tsp ground organic ginger (more or less depending on preference)
1/2 tsp ground organic turmeric (will give the rice a yellow-ish colour)
1. Chop your cauliflower and steam until tender
2. While cauliflower is cooking finely dice carrots, celery, yellow pepper and broccoli
3. Place coconut oil in large skillet on medium heat and allow to melt
4. Add diced vegis to skillet and allow to tenderize while cauliflower is still cooking
5. Once cauliflower is done mash with a potato masher (or hand blender would also work well). This will form your “rice” so the smaller the pieces the better.
6. Transfer cauliflower rice to skillet
7. Add creamed coconut, juice and spices to skillet and allow to cook/ fry on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes or until all liquids have been absorbed
8. Serve and enjoy! I added chopped pork tenderloin to mine to make it a full meal but this would be great as a side dish for many other meat dishes (chicken, pork, veal… whatever you like!)
Let me know how this turns out! The feedback would be very much appreciated!
And if you have any questions let me know… about anything really… recipes, medicine, me… go ahead ask away!
That’s all for now. Thanks for stopping by