1 TBSP organic vanilla extract (Buy here)
pinch sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon (Buy here)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut flour (Buy here)
2 cups finely shredded coconut
1. Combine cashews and dates in a food processor until dates are pureed and cashews are finely ground
2. Turn a burner onto medium heat and add a medium sized sauce pan/pot to the burner
3. Add cashew-date mixture, shredded apples and carrots, coconut oil, vanilla and spices to pot and heat until the oil dissolves and the mixture stirs easily
4. Remove the pot from the heat and add the coconut flour and shredded coconut. Stir well to combine all the ingredients (using a pastry blender is the easiest way if you have one).
5. Turn your oven onto 350 F
6. Grease a cookie sheet with butter or coconut oil (or you could use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper if you have some)
7. Form the mini cakes by pressing the carrot cake mixture into the palms of your hands forming 1.5 inch “cakes ** see pictures below
8. Place the cakes onto your greased cookie sheet and bake for 13-17 minutes (until the bottoms turn golden brown)
9. Remove from the oven and allow your cakes to cool
10. Once cool you can add the optional icing (see below) or enjoy them without. They are good both ways I promise
1. Creamy Coconut Icing
2. Orange Cream Icing (recipe will be posted soon I promise)
3. Melted coconut butter (or cream or manna): simply heat your coconut butter in the microwave until soft and top your mini cake with as much as you want!
Please let me know what you think of these! I always love hearing from you. Happy weekend everyone.