So I made it home safe and sound from Boston. It’s always hard going back to real life once you have been away from work for a while. Don’t you agree? Although I do like being back in my own bed and kitchen. There are just certain tools that are never stocked in vacation homes. Like immersion blenders.. and food processors… and tupperware! What is with that? What do other people store their food in? I don’t understand! I always end up buying tupperware for the places I rent. If I am thinking ahead I usually throw some in my suitcase to bring with me (yes I am that girl) but I have to admit that I totally forgot this time.
Today I am sharing my trusty Cinnamon Spiced Applesauce recipe. I make this stuff all the time, and it is super easy! I almost feel bad even calling this one a recipe. It only has 4 ingredients and takes very little effort to make. But I use this applesauce recipe in so many other dishes (like my Paleo Harvest Bread with Apple Coconut Icing) that I decided you might like to have this one in your recipe box too. Plus it makes a great dessert or snack even on its own. I also love adding a little coconut butter to this for a quick and delicious treat. Coconut butter pretty much makes everything taste better don’t you think?
I also have an early Black Friday deal for you. I don’t know if you heard but for TOMORROW ONLY (November 25, 2014) there is an amazing group of paleo kindle books on sale. Fifteen books to be exact. All for only 99 cents each. Yes you read that right. 99 cents. I have many of these books on my own book shelf and paid much more for all of them. If you are interested the line up includes:
1. The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
2. The Paleo Girl by Leslie Klenke
3. The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
4. Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso
5. The Ancestral Table by Russ Crandall
6. The Modern No Nonsense Guide to Paleo by Alison Golden
7. Beyond Bacon by Matthew McCarry and Stacy Toth
8. Sexy by Nature by Stefani Ruper
9. Free the Animal by Richard Nikoley
10. The Everything Weeknight Paleo Cookbook by Michelle Fagone
11. Gather, The Art of Paleo Entertaining by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason
12. The Paleo Sweet Tooth by Alison Russo
13. Decadent Paleo Desserts by Hannah Healy
14. The Paleo Kitchen by Juli Bauer and George Bryant
15. The Paleo Manifesto by John Duran
Click here to find out more (affiliate link):
To purchase any of these amazing books click here:
Well everyone I hope you have a good week! As always I would be thrilled if you visited me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook! And please feel free to contact me with any questions! I love hearing from you!
organic coconut oil
1 TBSP organic vanilla extract
1/2-1 TBSP ground cinnamon
1. Place a large pot on the stove on medium heat
2. Add a very small amount of water to the pot (just enough to cover the bottom of your pot)
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot
4. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 30-40 minutes, until apples are soft and break apart easily
5. Use your immersion blender and blend the ingredients until smooth
6. Serve and enjoy!
NOTE: This makes a large batch of apple sauce, so I usually freeze half of it for a later date